Ticket #2327 (closed defect: fixed)
Can't put ? into a new name
|Reported by:||gotar||Owned by:||slavazanko|
|Branch state:||Votes for changeset:||commited-master|
Description (last modified by andrew_b) (diff)
It's not possible to rename a file to something having question mark. Literal ? is being replaced with entire pattern just like it was * (an asterisk), despite of documentation saying nothing about ? in target pattern:
"In the target mask only the '*' and '\<digit>' wildcards are allowed"
One more funny effect of this issue is duplication of names having single '?': F6, enter
However it's getting more serious when source file has multiple '?'s: F6, enter -> segfault.
(for the above to happen question marks must not be preceded by *).
The source of this problem is treating ? as * (and not escaping it in default target pattern).
Escaping itself is buggy too: \? or \* are translated to consecutive \1, \2, \3, etc.
Everyting with shell patterns on, as disabling them makes rename impossible, but that's for next ticket.
This ticket may be duplicate, I remembering chasing this issue some time ago but can't find it in trac now, so sorry if it's already reported.
- Priority changed from minor to major
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to 4.7.5
- Cc zaytsev added
- Version changed from 4.7.3 to master
comment:17 Changed 6 years ago by slavazanko
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Owner set to slavazanko
comment:20 Changed 6 years ago by andrew_b
- Keywords stable-candidate added
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to slavazanko andrew_b
- severity changed from on review to approved
- Description modified (diff)
comment:24 Changed 6 years ago by slavazanko
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko andrew_b to commited-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- severity changed from approved to merged