Ticket #1437 (closed defect: fixed)
[RPMLint] script-related warnings
|Reported by:||zaytsev||Owned by:||andrew_b|
|Branch state:||merged||Votes for changeset:||committed-master committed-stable|
I have conducted an audit of the current SPEC file with RPMLint and here are the significant errors it finds at the moment.
As far as I understand, we need to add shebangs in some cases, in some cases remove them and in some cases reconsider permissions.
These are not critical errors, just recommended best practices.
mc.i386: E: executable-sourced-script /etc/profile.d/mc.sh 0755 mc.i386: E: executable-sourced-script /etc/profile.d/mc.csh 0755 This text file has executable bit set, but is meant to be sourced, not executed. mc.i386: E: non-executable-script /etc/mc/edit.indent.rc 0644 /bin/sh mc.i386: E: non-executable-script /etc/mc/edit.spell.rc 0644 /bin/sh This text file contains a shebang or is located in a path dedicated for executables, but lacks the executable bits and cannot thus be executed. If the file is meant to be an executable script, add the executable bits, otherwise remove the shebang or move the file elsewhere. mc.i386: E: script-without-shebang /usr/libexec/mc/mc.csh mc.i386: E: script-without-shebang /usr/libexec/mc/mc.sh mc.i386: E: script-without-shebang /usr/libexec/mc/mc-wrapper.sh mc.i386: E: script-without-shebang /usr/libexec/mc/mc-wrapper.csh This text file has executable bits set or is located in a path dedicated for executables, but lacks a shebang and cannot thus be executed. If the file is meant to be an executable script, add the shebang, otherwise remove the executable bits or move the file elsewhere.
- Branch state set to no branch
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to Future Releases
- Status changed from new to accepted
- Votes for changeset set to andrew_b
- Owner set to andrew_b
- Branch state changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from Future Releases to 4.8.4
- Keywords stable-candidate added
- Votes for changeset changed from andrew_b to andrew_b slavazanko
- Branch state changed from on review to approved
- Status changed from accepted to testing
- Keywords stable-candidate removed
- Votes for changeset changed from andrew_b slavazanko to committed-master committed-stable
- Resolution set to fixed
- Branch state changed from approved to merged