Ticket #1384 (closed enhancement: fixed)
Whitespace highlighting should be optional
|Reported by:||vda||Owned by:||angel_il|
|Keywords:||editor highlight trailing space tabs||Cc:|
|Branch state:||Votes for changeset:||committed-master|
I like a new feature of specially displayed tabs and trailing spaces, but sometimes they are getting in the way. For example, when I want to cut-and-paste with the mouse, I usually do not want it.
Also, inevitably there will be users which actively dislike this feature. It's better for the project if it supports those users too.
The most comprehensive solution would be two-fold:
Add a config option for it in F9->Options->General (takes care of those users who hate whitespace highlighting and want it off by default), and
Add a menu item to F9->Edit to toggle whitespace highlighting temporarily with a key combination.
I am setting it as "defect" because technically it is a regression versus 4.6.2: mouse cut-and-paste now is more difficult in some cases.
comment:1 in reply to: ↑ description Changed 7 years ago by andrew_b
- Component changed from mc-core to mcedit
- Version changed from 4.6.2 to 4.6.2~pre1
- Type changed from defect to enhancement
- Version changed from 4.6.2~pre1 to master
- severity changed from no branch to on review
- Milestone changed from 4.7 to 4.7.0-pre2
- severity changed from on review to on rework
comment:13 Changed 7 years ago by andrew_b
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko to slavazanko andrew_b
- severity changed from on review to approved
comment:14 Changed 7 years ago by angel_il
- Keywords editor highlight trailing space tabs added
- Status changed from assigned to testing
- Votes for changeset changed from slavazanko andrew_b to commited-master
- Resolution set to fixed
- severity changed from approved to merged